Who Needs A Chinese Visa?
If you are interested in travelling to China, the first thing to consider is how to get there. The most important thing you need is a Chinese visa. Every person who plans to visit China must have a visa. This visa will give you passage into the country. It doesn’t matter if you’re planning to relocate or visit for a business meeting, you need a visa.
This doesn’t apply to everyone. Some citizens do not require a visa. So who needs a visa to enter China?
1) Citizens of Singapore, Japan, and Brunei that have an ordinary passport can enter into China without a visa. However, this entrance is based on certain conditions; the citizens must:
a) Be holders of ordinary passports and are in China for tourism, business or family visit.
b) Be holders of ordinary passports and are in China for study, permanent residence, or employment.
c) Be foreigners that have passports of countries that have a diplomatic relationship with China and are on tour to Hong Kong or Macao. These people do not need a visa.
d) Be holders of a Japanese diplomatic official passport. This allows them to stay in China for 30 days without a visa.
2) Some foreigners who have seats on international flights that will pass through China, and if they do not stay more than 24 hours within the country, they do not need a transit visa.
3) Citizens that have ordinary passports of Republic of Korea, Russia, and Germany. If you have the passports, you can go on a tour for 21 days only.
4) There are certain counties that are under the mutual exception category. They include Bahamas, Mauritius, Seychelles, Tonga, Eduardo, San Marino, Fiji, and Granada. If you have a valid passport of any of these places, you can spend at least 30 days in China without a visa.
5) A foreigner in possession of an APEC business card and they can enter China without a Chinese visa.
If you do not meet any of these requirements, you will need a visa.
How to get a visa?
You can get a visa from many countries all around the world. You may even get it from your country. However, if you are not able to get a Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC), you can go to a good travel agency and get your visa application filled.
After that, you will need to provide all the requirements that are always in the form of documents like passports and other important documents. When you are done with this stage, you can choose the type of visa you want. When your visa type is confirmed, you will wait for your application to be processed. When the processing is over, your visa will be issued to you if you are successful.
You need a Chinese visa to get into China, but if you meet any of the criteria above, you may not need a visa. If you need a visa, apply for one and wait for it to be approved.