Flights LAX-Beijing, Hong Kong-LAX (for All-Inclusive package)
Other departure cities available. Click on "Date & Rates" or call 1 (888) 410-4111
Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
Beijing to Yichang
Chongqing to Guilin
Guilin to Xian
Xian to Shanghai
Shanghai to Hong Kong
15 nights FiveStarPlus® accommodations:
Beijing 3 nights - The Ritz Carlton Beijing Financial Street
Yangtze River 4 nights - Century Legend (Executive Cabin)
Guilin 3 nights - Shangri La Hotel Guilin
Xian 2 nights - Shangri La Hotel Xian
Shanghai 2 nights - Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
Hong Kong 3 nights - Kowloon Shangri La Hong Kong
Executive Deck Program on Yangtze Cruise
All transfers as per itinerary
Knowledgeable English-speaking tour guides
32 meals: 17 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners
Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
Administration & Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Day 1. Hometown to Beijing
Your amazing China tour begins as you board the flight from your hometown to Beijing.
- Day 2. Arrive in Beijing
Upon arrival, our guide will meet you at the airport and accompany you to your luxury hotel. Have a good rest at the hotel.
- Day 3. Beijing (AB, L, SD)
The first full day in Beijing will start after breakfast with a visit to Tiananmen Square and the magnificent Forbidden City where you can see the treasures of the Imperial collection. After lunch, travel to the Summer Palace, the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China and declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998. This evening, enjoy the Peking Duck dinner at Dadong Roast Duck, the best one in town.
- Day 4. Beijing (AB, L)
Today you'll travel to the most representative, photographed, and accessible section of the Great Wall at Badaling entrance. In the afternoon tour Beijing’s 700 year old Hutongs (narrow lanes) area by old fashioned pedicab, as well as visit a local family living in a courtyard style home to experience the local customs of old Beijing people and their unique architectural structure. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure to shop and explore at Wangfujing, Beijing's must see shopping strip - it's mega long and full of life.
- Day 5. Beijing / Yichang - Cruise the Yangtze (AB)
This morning is at leisure. Later transfer to the airport for your flight to Yichang, where you will board your Cruises ship for an unforgettable cruise along the Yangtze River. (Note: Due to water level condition, boarding port of the cruise may be changed to Sanduoping.)
- Day 6. Cruise the Yangtze (AB, L, D)
This morning, enjoy the beautiful scenery of Xiling Gorge while the cruise sailing through. After enjoying lunch, stop at the village of San Dou Ping for a shore excursion to one of the world’s largest dams. Consisting of five stage ship locks and the biggest hydroelectric power station in China, the Three Gorges Dam is now a major transportation hub connecting the eastern and western parts of China. Return to the ship and continue sailing upstream for the remainder of the day. The ship will pass the five-steps lock at around 17:00. Tonight join in the Caption’s Welcome Party and enjoy.
- Day 7. Cruise the Yangtze (AB, L, D)
Sailing through Wu Gorge, 25-mile long Wu Gorge celebrated for its Twelve Peaks and quiet beauty. Later you will take an excursion to Shennv Stream via cruiser up Goddess Stream with its scenic, narrow gorges, while listening to local folk songs. Alternatively, your excursion may be on Shennong Stream with its splendid Small Gorges depending on water level condition. After back to cruise and enjoying the delicious buffet lunch, you will come to Qutang Gorge, the shortest, narrowest and most dramatic of the Three Gorges.
- Day 8. Cruise the Yangtze (AB, L, D)
Disembark in Shibaozhai with its impressive wooden pagoda, appropriately named “The Pearl of the Yangtze”. After the land excursion, consider attending various cultural programs provided on the ship.
- Day 9. Chongqing / Guilin (AB)
Disembark in Chongqing, after breakfast, transfer to the airport. Later arrive in Guilin - the "Forest of Sweet Osmanthus". (Note: Due to water level condition, the disembarking port of the cruise may be changed to Fengdu.)
- Day 10. Guilin - Longsheng - Guilin (AB, L)
Today you’ll visit the Longsheng Rice Terraces, also called the Longji Rice Terraces which located in Longsheng County, about 2 hours drive from Guilin. The terraced fields are built along the slope winding from the riverside up to the mountain top, the highest part being 880 m in elevation while the lowest part 380 m in elevation. The coiling line that starts from the mountain foot to up to the mountain top divides the mountain into layers of water glittering in the sun in spring, layers of green rice shoots in summer, layers of golden rice in fall, and layers of silvery frost in winter. The terraced fields were mostly built during the Ming Dynasty about 500 years ago.
- Day 11. Guilin - Yangshuo - Guilin (AB, L, HD)
The Li River, one of China's most famous tourist attractions, flows through Guilin and Yangshuo, and is listed by National Geographic as one of the world's top ten watery wonders. Today we'll cruise along the Li River with lunch on board, and enjoy the picturesque landscape of rolling hills, steep cliffs, fantastic caves and slowly drifting boats. Stop at the small town of Yangshuo and its famous "West Street". Afternoon you'll be driven back to Guilin and visit to South Sea saltwater Pearl Center. At last, enjoy the buffet dinner at your hotel.
- Day 12. Guilin / Xian (AB)
Fly from Guilin to Xian, one of the great ancient capitals in China. The balance of the day is free at leisure.
- Day 13. Xian (AB, L, SD)
A memorable day of sightseeing today, as you view the extraordinary life-sized Terra-Cotta army, no two alike, buried for over 2200 years. Next you'll head to the Terracotta replication factory that actually re-made terracotta soldiers. In the afternoon visit the Ancient City Wall, one of the oldest and best preserved city walls in China. Tonight, enjoy an Imperial Dumpling Banquet followed by the Tang Dynasty Stage Show.
- Day 14. Xian / Shanghai (AB)
Take a flight to Shanghai, a renowned international metropolis drawing more and more attention.
- Day 15. Shanghai (AB, SD)
Today's sightseeing tour begins with a visit to the Shanghai Old Town, and then Yu Garden, a pleasant enough, well contained classical Chinese garden. Then, continue the trip to Shanghai Museum, the Shanghai Silk factory, the Bund, and Nanjing Road. Enjoy a Buffet-dinner on the "Oriental Pearl TV Tower" followed by an astonishing performance of the world-famous Shanghai acrobats.
- Day 16. Shanghai / Hong Kong (AB)
You'll board a plane for Hong Kong. The rest of the day will be yours to begin exploring this exciting city.
- Day 17. Hong Kong (AB)
The day will start with a visit to Stanley Market and Repulse Bay. Then take a sampan (optional) to see Aberdeen, a thriving floating community. You then tour the Victoria Peak where you can see unmatched city views or if you prefer, you can strike out on your own before returning to the hotel.
- Day 18. Hong Kong (AB)
Free at leisure to explore the cosmopolitan city of Hong Kong on your own.
- Day 19. Hong Kong / Hometown (AB)
After breakfast, you'll be escorted to the airport for your flight home.
2 people guaranteed departure
Early bird discount(booked 60 days before departure):
Booked before Dec 31st,2015, save $500 per person; Booked between Jan 1st and Feb 29th, 2016, save $300 per person
ChinaTour.com features all inclusive escorted tours with scheduled departures that include transpacific airfare from San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) and Vancouver (YVR). "Land Only" packages are available for individuals who prefer arranging their own flights to China. "All Inclusive (Air & Land)" based on contract fare and subject to availability at the time of booking made.
Passengers departing from cities not listed above, please use the following Add-on Air-fares:
- DC, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Houston, Dallas, Miami: USD399
- Other Eastern and Central Standard Time Zone: $499
- Mountain Standard Time Zone: USD399
- Pacific Standard Time Zone: $299
1. Rates are in U.S. funds, per person, based on double occupancy. Tour cost includes fuel surcharge. U.S. and China air taxes & fees (include 9/11 security fee) are listed clearly for your note. Please note airline fuel surcharge, U.S. and China air taxes & fees are beyond our control and therefore subject to change without prior notice.
2. Air transportation in conjunction with land tours, based on the applicable airfares on participating carries, subject to the rules and regulations of the class, fare and service of the individual airlines. Due to special contracted net agreements, supplements or credits for air deviations may NOT be equal to published airfare differentials.
3. Transpacific Airfare are subject to change and any increase in airfare is not included in the tour fare. Depending on airfare class differences, the airfare may be non-refundable and subject to full cancellation penalties.
4. Air seats are limited, add-on airfares are subject to change until ticket issued. For add on from specific US domestic cities, please contact our agent.
5. Tour extensions may not include weekend surcharge. ChinaTour.com endeavors to follow the itineraries precisely: however, if flights are not available at the scheduled time, ChinaTour.com reserves the right to modify the air and land arrangements from smooth operation of the tour.
6. All prices listed above are per person in U. S. dollars based on double occupancy. If three adults need to share one room and the third person asking for extra bed, the third person's price will be the same as others.
7. Children 11 years and under who share a room with two adults and do not ask for an extra bed will be charged the listed child fare or 75% of the regular adult price; if they need an extra bed in the same room with two adults, the cost will be 90% of the regular adult price. Children 12 and older will be charged at the regular adult price.
8. Early depart or late return is allowed, the ticket change fee is $50 per person each time, in addition to airlines surcharge for different air class and weekend if necessary.
9. Please contact agent for your preferred airline, additional cost may apply. Additional baggage charges may apply.